ASIA EUROPE MEETING IN SPAIN 2019 BY ASIA EUROPE FOUNDATION – FULLY FUNDED
The Asia Europe Foundation Calls for applications for the Asia Europe Meeting in Spain 2019. The 9th Model ASEM 2019 will take place in Madrid, Spain between 11–16 December 2019, in conjunction with the 14th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEMFMM14). There are no participation or registration fees. This is a fully-funded conference 2019 in Spain. No IELTS or TOEFL required with the application. Students at any level (undergraduate, graduate, etc.) and from any discipline can apply for the international conference in Madrid.
The Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) is an intergovernmental process established in 1996 to foster dialogue and cooperation between Asia and Europe. Presently it comprises 53 partners: 30 European and 21 Asian countries, the European Union and the ASEAN Secretariat. ASEM addresses Political, Economic, and Social, Cultural & Educational issues of common interest, in a spirit of mutual respect and equal partnership. More information: www.ASEMInfoBoard.org
Model ASEM is your first-hand introduction to the exciting world of diplomacy, negotiation and international relations. Being a simulation of the ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEMFMM), at the Model ASEM you have the chance to step into the shoes of ASEM Foreign Ministers and along with other students, debate and exchange perspectives on current political and bi-regional issues.
The Model ASEM series organized by ASEF is unique as it takes place in conjunction with official ASEMFMMs and hence provides you with a golden opportunity to personally interact with ASEM Foreign Ministers and government officials.
ASIA EUROPE MEETING IN SPAIN 2019 DETAILS:
- Asia Europe Foundation (ASEF)
- 5-7 Days
- 11-16 December 2019
NO. OF PARTICIPANTS:
- 150 (The Open Call and the screening process will ensure a non-discriminative approach assuring an even geographic representation, gender balance and fair access to the opportunity for all)
- No registration or Participation fees for the selected participants.
- Travel subsidy will be provide
The 9th Model ASEM is built on 3 program elements:
ONLINE PREPARATORY PHASE (CA. 6 WEEKS)
Prior to simulating your role as a Foreign Minister or Delegation member at the 9th Model ASEM, you will attend online crash courses on policy making, webinars on Asia-Europe relations and complete individual and group tasks and research. During this phase, you might also get in touch with officials at Ministries of Foreign Affairs to build up stronger expertise on ASEM.
THE 5-DAY CONFERENCE IN MADRID
The program in Spain consists of plenary sessions and thematic working groups with a focus on the key topics also discussed by the ASEM Foreign Ministers at the ASEMFMM14. As a concrete outcome, you will develop a consensus-based Chair’s Statement which will be presented to the ASEM Foreign Ministers at the Opening Ceremony of the ASEMFMM14.
In addition, you will also participate in practical training, and visit Diplomatic Missions of ASEM countries and International Organisations located in Madrid to gain in-depth knowledge about their operations and functions.
14TH ASEM FOREIGN MINISTERS’ MEETING (ASEMFMM14)
The grand finale: 4 student participants will present the Chair’s Statement and a summary of the project’s outcomes to the ASEM Foreign Ministers at the Opening Ceremony of the ASEMFMM14. All participants will also have the possibilities to meet ASEM Foreign Ministers and Delegation members on the side-lines of the ASEMFMM14.
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries
- Students from all levels (undergraduate, graduate, etc.) and all disciplines, between the ages of 18-30
- Strong verbal and written command of English
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ASIA EUROPE FOUNDATION CONFERENCE IN SPAIN?
Click on the Apply Now button below to proceed to the online application. Please note that filling in the application form will take about 15-30 min. In the form, you will also be requested to upload your CV.
When assessing the applications, ASEF and its partners will lay extra weight on the:
- The originality of the motivational statement
- Quality of the thematic argumentation and presentation
- Proven experience with and/or expressed interest in Asia-Europe relations
- Current or past extra-curricular (and/or professional) activities
- The last date to submit an application for the Asia Europe Meeting in Spain 2019 by Asia Europe Foundation is 12th August 2019.